therese

valar morghulis

i love books. i love every kind of book. i just want to hug them all but i can't. can't hug every book, can't hug every book. (to the tune of "can't hug every cat."

The Young Elites
Marie Lu
Under the Dome: A Novel
Stephen King

November wrap-up!

In the Afterlight - Alexandra Bracken Machine of Death: A Collection of Stories About People Who Know How They Will Die - Randall Munroe, James Foreman, K. Sekelsky, Camron Miller, John Chernega, David Michael Wharton, K.M. Lawrence, Jeffrey C. Wells, Vera Brosgol, Kit Yona, J. Jack Unrau, Jeff Stautz, Aaron Diaz, Matthew Bennardo, Yahtzee Croshaw, Douglas J. Lane, Brian Quinlan, Kate Beaton The Retribution of Mara Dyer - Michelle Hodkin Gone Girl - Gillian Flynn

Happy December! My favorite month of the year, if I'm being honest. There is nothing quite like waking up on the first of December and knowing you have only 24 days more to go before Christmas. But we're not here to talk about December. Let's talk about what I read in November!

In November I read four books, and I'm okay with that number. That being said, we are only four days into December and I'm already on my third book. It's shaping up to be a great reading month.

The first book I read was "In the Afterlight", by Alexandra Bracken. I had been anticipating this book for so long, because I really loved the two first books in this trilogy. Unfortunately, I was very ddisappointed with it. Nothing really happened, all the action was off-page, and most of the characters got on my nerves. The only good thing about this book was Vida, Chubs, and Zu. The ending also felt cheap, with Ruby going against what she had been saying since the beginning. Still, I ended up giving it a 3/5 stars. It was decent.

The next book I read was "Machine of Death", by various authors. This is a short story collection about a world with a machine that tells people, very vaguely, how they will die. Of course, craziness ensue. It was a very fun book, and I will be posting a review very soon. 4/5 stars from me.

Next up was "Gone Girl" by Gillian Flynn. This book let me down. The hype was too much for me. I enjoyed it, but not as much as everyone else. My main problem, I think, was that I read a review that said "You can't trust anyone in this book!", so of course, I didn't trust anybody. Turns out, the majority of the characters were completely trust-worthy. Nothing shady about most of them at all. So I was just looking for something that wasn't there. Still, I enjoyed it, and gave it 4/5 stars.

The last book I read in November was "The Retribution of Mara Dyer", by Michelle Hodkin. I won't say too much about it, because it was an ending to a trilogy, but I thought it was a really good conclusion. It didn't go in the direction I thought it would go in, but that's a good thing. My one problem is that I never felt connected to the characters, and that's why I didn't love it. So again, 4/5 stars from me.

And that is what I read in November! I'd say it's a pretty good reading month. Some of these let me down, but I'm happy I read them. Bring it on, December!