therese

valar morghulis

i love books. i love every kind of book. i just want to hug them all but i can't. can't hug every book, can't hug every book. (to the tune of "can't hug every cat."

The Young Elites
Marie Lu
Under the Dome: A Novel
Stephen King

Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare

Clockwork Prince (Infernal Devices) - Cassandra Clare
I spent probably three weeks on the first 1/3 of this book, and then I ready 2/3 yesterday. This book really picks up at the point where Will sees Cecily, and that's where things start really happening.

Before I get into this "review", I want to say that I did take notes as I read, but technology has some issues, and the note is gone. Fun life, huh? I'm just gonna try and remember what I felt.

The setting in this series is gorgeous. It's so vividly described, without it being too "romantic". We hear about all the negatives on the old London, like the slums. I don't want to go to Tessa's London. It's very interesting to read about, but it doesn't make me want to build a time-machine and go back. It's not calling my name, and I like that, because the old London was harsh and brutal, and not a safe place.

I also really like the characters. We got a lot of new revelations about the characters, especially in regards to Will and Jessamine. They both surprised me a lot in this book, and it shows that we don't always know the characters we read about. I also want to add that I adored Henry and Charlotte in this book, absolutely adored.

Can we talk about the bond between Jem and Will for a second? Because that was beautiful. Their friendship, that runs so much deeper than friendship, is what really makes this book a 5 star and not a 4. What they share and the love they have for each other really makes this book complete.

In this book I had very mixed feelings about the love triangle. I understand why Tessa is feeling confused, but her kissing one boy one night and the other the next night was tiring. This is not me accusing her of playing with their emotions, because she never knew where she stood with either of them. There was always something in their behavior that was shifting.

I was gonna write about things I didn't like, and my list was actually quite long (like three things), but since my list is gone, I can't for the life of me remember what I disliked, so I'll leave it here.

As for Clockwork Princess? My only hope is that Jem dies. All this talk about him dying has left one option; him dying, or else it will be a cheesy cop out. My heart's gonna break and I'm gonna cry and cry and cry some more, but it's the only way the next book will give me satisfaction.